Always free, always entertaining! Take a lunch break at the very popular Brown Bag Performance series in Fuller Lodge. Presenting a wide range of programs, from Beethoven to ballet, opera to jazz, chamber music to bagpipes, these concerts have been entertaining Los Alamos music lovers on their midday breaks since 1973. You will love the variety this series presents! Brown Bag Performances help to connect the community. Performances are held at 12 pm on the first Wednesday of each month (unless otherwise noted).
Due to closures in the Spring of 2020, LAAC is providing extra performances for the 2020-2021 Brown Bag Season. With continuing concerns regarding social distancing, performances may be cancelled, or provided to the community through alternative means, such as a Facebook Live or YouTube Live concert. We thank you for your patience, and continued patronage of the Brown Bag Performance Series.
Brown Bag Performance Series 2020-2021 (subject to changes):
- July 15th- Charles Lieou Makeup Performance from April, 2020
- August 5th- Heidi Morning & Yelena Mealy
- September 2nd- Craig Marin Experience
- September 16th- Giachetti Piano Quartet Makeup Performance from June 2020
- October 7th- Black Mesa Brass Quintet
- October 21st- Galisteo String Quartet
- November 4th- Dan Marks
- December 2nd- Sax Atomics
- February 3rd- Claire Detels and Mark Jackson
- February 17th- Stephen Redfield and Jeffrey Smith
- March 3rd- Kathleen Ryan
- March 17th- Giachetti Piano Quartet
- April 7th- Juanita Madland
- April 21st- Turquoise Trail Makeup Performance from May 2020
- May 5th- Charles Lieou
- June 2nd- Joy Charles and Aaron Anderson
The 2020-2021 Brown Bag Performance Series is sponsored in part by the County of Los Alamos.
We encourage a variety of performances during this popular and well-attended performance venue. If you would like to perform on our Brown Bag Performance series, please contact the Arts Council directly, at 505-663-0477.
Performing Artists: The 2020-2021 season has been finalized. We are currently accepting requests for the 2021-2022 series. Please email your request and materials to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage poets, dancers, musicians, & scholars of the performing arts to present a one hour program, free to the public. Please inquire.