Always free, always entertaining! Take a lunch break at the very popular Brown Bag Performance series in Fuller Lodge. Presenting a wide range of programs, from Beethoven to ballet, opera to jazz, chamber music to bagpipes, these concerts have been entertaining Los Alamos music lovers on their midday breaks since 1973. You will love the variety this series presents! Brown Bag Performances help to connect the community. Performances are held at 12 pm on the first Wednesday of each month (unless otherwise noted).
Brown Bag Concert Series 2019-2020 (subject to changes):
- August 21st: Juanita Madland, Piano
- September 4th: Black Mesa Brass Quintet
- October 2nd: The Galisto String Quartet
- October 16th: Los Alamos Light Opera- selections from their upcoming performance of “The Addams Family”
- November 6th: Shashi Charles and Bill Waganaar
- December 4th: Kathleen Ryan, Pianist and Composer
- January 8th: Steven Redfield, Violin and Jeffrey Smith, Viola
- February 5th: Claire Detels, Piano and Mark Jackson, Baritone
- March 4th: Joy Charles, Cello and Aaron Anderson, piano
April 1st: Charles Lieou, PianoCANCELED Due to COVID-19 Restrictions LAAC is working to reschedule the performers for the 2020-2021 Brown Bag Season May 6th: Turquoise Trail BaroqueCANCELED Due to COVID-19 Restrictions LAAC is working to reschedule the performers for the 2020-2021 Brown Bag Season June 3rd: Giachetti Piano QuartetCANCELED Due to COVID-19 Restrictions LAAC is working to reschedule the performers for the 2020-2021 Brown Bag Season
The 2019-20 Brown Bag Performance Series is sponsored in part by the County of Los Alamos, and by Don Dudziak in memory of Judy Dudziak.
We encourage a variety of performances during this popular and well-attended performance venue. If you would like to perform on our Brown Bag Performance series, please contact the Arts Council directly, at 505-663-0477.
Performing Artists: The 2020-2021 season has been finalized. We are currently accepting requests for the 2021-2022 series. Please email your request and materials to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage poets, dancers, musicians, & scholars of the performing arts to present a one hour program, free to the public. Please inquire.
2017-18 Brown Bag Performance presenters: