Los Alamos Arts Council is publishing their intent to hire an Executive Director. The job posting is open from 10-17-2018 through 11-16-2018. Applications can be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org with the included subject line of “LAAC Hiring Committee”, by Mail to PO Box 284, Los Alamos, NM 87544 “LAAC Hiring Committee”, or brought to the Los Alamos Arts Council office at 2132 Central Ave, Fuller Lodge, Kiva Room in a sealed envelope addressed to “LAAC Hiring Committee”.
The Job Description is as follows:
LOS ALAMOS ARTS COUNCIL
The position of Executive Director comes with many responsibilities under the authority of the Board of Directors. The focus of the Executive Director’s position shall be to serve as the Board’s agent in co-directing staff and volunteers to implement the programs of the Los Alamos Arts Council. In addition, the Executive Director serves as the Council’s public representative when interacting with county government, local schools, arts organizations, the business community, and other community agencies. Currently, the position is part-time at 30 hours a week, starting at an annual salary of $23,400.00. Duties may be expanded to fulfill the future needs of the Council, including a possible extension of hours required to work per week (pay would be extended respectively).
Summary of Duties:
- Directing the planning and execution of program activities and special events under the supervision of the Board.
- Directing the formulation of the Council’s annual budget to be submitted to the Board for approval.
- Following the annual budget approved by the Board. This includes not committing any significant Council resources without the concurrence of the Board or its
- Directing the formulation of the Council’s annual financial report.
- Serving as the Council’s representative to the community including, for example, the Los Alamos County government, public school district, and any other community organization, as appropriate.
- Serving as the Council’s representative to state and national
- Directing and performing the Council’s Public Relations/Marketing activities in collaboration with the Board.
- Assisting the Board with Board-sponsored fundraising
- At the request of the Board, writing proposals to potential and current funding sources. Submitting any reports required by funding sources or the
- Other duties include the day to day administrative functioning of the office and the
Approved by Los Alamos Arts Council Board of Directors on: October 11, 2018
The following qualifications, either through employment or volunteer activities, are required/preferred for the position of Executive Director of the Los Alamos Arts Council:
- Interfaces well with individuals, groups, community organizations, etc., of all ages and socio/economic backgrounds.
- Is computer literate in: Microsoft Word, Quick Books, Publisher, social media.
- Is willing to work flexible hours as some LAAC events and activities require working evenings and weekends.
- Has excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Is self-motivated, manages time well, and has excellent organizational skills.
- Has physical stamina. The Executive Director will work primarily indoors in an office environment. However, some events occur outdoors, requiring participation in setting up, taking down, and working outdoors for long hours. The Executive Director will be required to lift items up to 25 pounds, to climb stairs/step stool (to reach stored items), stand for several hours, and walk up to a half-mile during events.
- Has held a leadership positon.
- Has experience in recruiting volunteers.
- Has experience in collaboration between organizations and groups.
- Has worked for a non-profit.
- Has experience in fund-raising, including; meeting with local businesses, writing proposals to elicit resources, grant-writing, researching new funding possibilities, etc.
- Has experience in using social media to promote events.
- Has experience/interest in one or several genres of the arts’ spectrum (visual, performing, musical, crafts, etc.).
PDF Versions of the Job Description, Job Qualifications, and Job Application can be found here: LAAC ED Job Description 10-11-18 LAAC ED Job Qualifications 10-11-18 LAAC ED Job Application Form 10-11-18 (2)
Los Alamos Arts Council does not discriminate against applicants based on any protected characteristics, including, but not limited to, race, ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family status, disability, medical or genetic condition or any other basis protected under federal, state or local law.