The annual Fuller Lodge Open House will be held on December 3rd. The Arts Council along with the Art Center at Fuller Lodge and the Historical Society will kick off the holiday season at the Lodge, Los Alamos’ best known historic building and its cultural and artistic center. The Fuller Lodge Open House is a part of the Winterfest downtown celebration, which takes place the first weekend in December, and is capped off by the Light Parade and tree-lighting at Ashley Pond
Fuller Lodge is decorated for the holidays. Come by and take a look at the renovations, (including the new elevator), enjoy the holiday spirit and all of the festivities planned for the Open House.
This year the festivities begin with Historical Society Docent Tour at 9:30. Other tours will be held at 12 noon and 1:45 pm. The Chamisa SingSations will gather around the piano at 10 am for carols. At 10:45 the BESC Hillstrummers will perform with their ukuleles. The Los Alamos Flutes will play at 11:30. Juanita Madland and friends will host a sing-a-long beginning at 12:30. At 1:30 pm there will be a holiday program with Shashi and Joy Charles on guitar and cello. Beginning at 10 am the Los Alamos Family Council will host a Holiday Cookie Walk. Be sure to come by to make a donation for a box and select a dozen holiday cookies.
There will be several other nonprofit organizations as a part of the festivities. The Historical Society Book Store will have many items for gift giving.
Saturday, December 3, 2016 10am – 3pm
Fuller Lodge Open House
- 9:30 → Historical Society Docent Tour
- 10:00 → Chamisa SingSations
- 10:45-11:30 → BESC Hillstrummers Group (ukulele) 15-20 people
- 11:30-12:00 → Los Alamos Flutes 5-6 people
- 12:00 → Historical Society Docent Tour
- 12:15-12:30 → Becky Scarborough, cello, Kent Scarborough, violin, Rheta Moazzami- piano; Pachelbel’s Canon in D.
- 12:30-1:30 → Juanita Madland and friends Sing-A-Long
- 1:30 → Shashi and Joy Charles- guitar and cello- Holiday Music
- 1:45 → Historical Society Docent tour
Nonprofit Groups All Day:
- Holiday Wreaths- Boy Scout Troop 71
- Shelter Calendars
- LAAC raffle of metal art, tote bag sale
- Historical Society Book Store sales
- Family Council Cookie Walk- 10-2 pm
- Punch and Cookies –LAAC- 12 noon