The Los Alamos Arts Council promotes lifelong engagement in the arts through education and community partnerships. The LAAC serves as a catalyst for economic, social, and cultural growth, and our activities bring together the diverse segments of the community. We host over 30 performing arts and cultural programs each year, attended by more than 14,000 members of the community. Check out our 40-year history, program policy, and sponsorship application.
LOS ALAMOS ARTS COUNCIL SEEKING EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Los Alamos Arts Council, a non-profit organization, exists to promote lifelong engagement in the arts through education and community partnerships. The LAAC serves as a catalyst for economic, social, and cultural growth, and its activities bring together the diverse segments of the community, hosting over 30 performing arts and cultural programs each year, attended by more than 14,000 members of the community.
LAAC Executive Director is a three-quarter time, fluctuating schedule position, with a salary range of $23,400 – $26,520 ($15-$17/hour). The manner of compensation to be negotiated. The Executive Director reports directly to the LAAC Board and is responsible for all activities, events and functions of the organization. The anticipated start date is July 1, 2017.
The successful candidate has the following desired qualifications, either through employment or volunteer activity experience:
1. Held a leadership position
2. Experience with recruitment of volunteers
3. Experience with collaboration between organizations and groups
4. Computer skills – Microsoft Office and Quickbooks
5. Knowledge of social networking
6. Communication skills
7. Writing skills, including experience with proposal, grant writing.
8. Experience with fund raising
9. Good interpersonal skills
10. Organizational skills
11. Physical stamina. The executive director will work primarily indoors in an office environment. However, certain events take place outdoors, requiring the person to participated in setting up, taking down and working outdoors for long hours. The person may need to lift items up to 25 lbs and be physically able to climb and reach stored items, stand for several hours and move up to half-mile during events.
12. Flexibility in work hours since some LAAC events and activities require working evenings and weekends.
Preference will be given to residents of Los Alamos County. No relocation expenses will be provided. The deadline for submitting applications (on this website) and supporting materials is January 31, 2017.
Please download PDF: e-d-job-application-form
- Newsletter January 2017
- Newsletter October 2016
- Newsletter July 2016
- Newsletter April 2016
- Newsletter January 2016
- Newsletter October 2015
- Newsletter July 2015
- Newsletter January 2015
- President’s Circle $250
- Art Angel $100
- Organization $30
- Family $20 (senior/student $15)
- Individual $15 (senior/student $10)
Download our MembershipApplication
2016-2017 Board of Directors:
Christine Monteith (President)
Howard Granzow (V. President)
Rose Evans (Treasurer)
Kirsten Laskey (Secretary)
The Arts Council Governing Board meets in Fuller Lodge at 5:30pm on the second Thursday of each month. Meetings are open to the public; please contact Marlane for details.